Wednesday 23 May 2007

Wicked fun!





















I have to keep this quiet and it is driving me crazy. We just need to wait for the official announcement to be made and then we can tell people but I am sick of having the same conversation fifteen times a day.

"So where are you guys going? Do you know yet?"

I like the fact that they care enough to ask but after you have had your fifth conversation on the same subject and it is not even 9am you start going a little bit weird.

I find my first conversation is very polite and I get progressively more imaginative and creative as the days goes on - the provocative part of me wants to jolt people. I cant help it.

"Actually we are really keen on getting a post to Kazakhstan now that we have all watched Borat."

"I am keen that the children don't get a traditional English school education so I am exploring boarding schools in Thailand - their sport would be elephant polo which will hold them in SUCH good stead in the future."

"We are thinking about really challenging the children and picking a hardship posting to really stretch them intellectually and emotionally. Have you got any recommendations?

"I am exploring home schooling."

"We are getting divorced. Do you know any single rich men?"

"Actually, we are leaving the children here as they are so happy. Would you like to board them? We'll pay of course but they just seem so happy it would be a pity to uproot them at this stage in their education.

Such wicked, wicked fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sorry that I am one of the many!

Cheers
GK

Amanda said...

Ahh. You're ok sweetie. It is just the others!!!