Friday 29 June 2007

Domestic Goddess? Moi?


I am having to revise and dust off my domestic skills. Ten years of life on the move and the various assorted amahs and domestic helpers has softened me. (Annette, Feli, Mirasol, Mary, John and N). So this week I cooked my first meals in ten years as N is still unwell. The kids of course thought the idea of me cooking a meal was utterly hysterical and sat perched on the kitchen counters in utter amusement as I prepared to cook our first meal in a decade.

H was the chopper, Z the cook and B the master organiser and recipe reader.

It worked well.

And now, after a week or so, they are really enjoyng the ritual of sitting around in the kitchen whilst everyone does something.

Meals this week?
  1. Chicken with farfalle and sage
  2. Red lentil stew with olive bread
  3. Chili con carne
  4. Salmon parcels with dill
  5. Spicy canellini beans and pumpkin curry

And the best thing is that they are already talking about what we will cook next week. As I type H is poring through cook books and Z is arranging fresh herbs in glass jars along the kitchen window.

I like it.

No comments: